This Beneteau Oceanis 473 Performance is an exceptional example of a beautifully maintained yacht with an immaculately presented interior. It truly has to be seen to appreciate how close to perfect it actually is.
Built by Chantiers Beneteau in France, the Beneteau Oceanis 473 combines extraordinary interior comfort, volume and light with bluewater strength. Designed by Groupe Finot, this design offers a unique combination of elegant lines with extraordinary space and performance.
Explora is the OWNERS VERSION with double en-suite master cabin forward and double cabin and head port aft. Starboard aft there is a single pilot berth, large storage locker and extended galley area including washing machine and microwave. The galley is the much sought-after L-shaped configuration. The interior is dark mahogany throughout and the cushions are finished in beautiful blue and white trim. The saloon table and seating convert to a huge double berth with almost no effort allowing Explora to sleep 7 in total comfort.
Explora was built with many optional extras by Beneteau to the original owner’s specifications, including:
- Roller furling staysail
- Boom brake
- Upgraded 100HP Yanmar main engine (3100 hours)
- 7kW Vetus marine diesel genset (760 hours)
- Dessaltor D60 watermaker (500 hours)
- Electric halyard winch
- Washing machine
- Microwave oven
- Battery charger (genset and shore power charge batteries)
- Inverter (220V available from batteries)
- Additional house batteries (4 in total)
- 3 x cape horn reels
- Stainless & teak folding passarelle
- Mast safety rails
Further upgrades include:
- Stainless stern arch for solar panels / dingy davits and pulleys
- 5 x 100W solar panels plus battery charger unit
- Crane for outboard
- Custom made fenders (stow effortlessly on lifelines)
Upgrades in the last 12 months include:
- New mainsail and genoa (Hood Sails, triradial, heavy duty, blue water spec)
- D400 wind generator plus battery charging unit
- AIS with integrated GPS
Explora was sailed exclusively in the Mediterranean until January 2017 when the current owners crossed the Atlantic and spent a season cruising the Caribbean. She has been fitted out for a planned Pacific crossing in 2018 and is fully equipped and ready for long range blue water cruising, however the owner’s plans have changed due to the arrival of a new baby. Explora is currently stored on the hard in Grenada and is being continuously maintained by Horizon Yacht Services while she awaits her next adventure.